Prairie Lily: Info Needed!

Alfred Falk falk at arc.ab.ca
Thu May 2 11:54:07 EST 1996

In article <4m6bu1$qnj at news.microsoft.com>,
   plummer at iceonline.com (Dave Plummer) wrote:
>I'm trying to find out exactly what a Prairie Lily (the provincial
>flower of Saskatchewan, in Canada) is, and from there, I'd like to
>obtain some!
>
>I talked to the municipal greenhouse there, who suggested that it was
>"Lilium Philadelphicum", but on future inspection, I've seen that listed
>as being a "Wood Lily".
>
>If you have any info that might be of help, please drop me an email
>note!

"Lilium Philadelphicum var. Wolfgangii" is correct.  "Wood Lily" seems to be
the most widely used common name.  Never trust common names.

Alfred Falk                       falk at arc.ab.ca              A L B E R T A
Information Systems Dept          (403) 450-5185            R E S E A R C H
Box 8330, Station F                                           C O U N C I L
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T6H 5X2
http://saturn.arc.ab.ca/~falk/                     http://www.arc.ab.ca/