New Bionet Newsgroup

Scott Russell srussell at ou.edu
Thu May 2 17:21:57 EST 1996

In article <4lhfka$as4 at hercules.its.csiro.au>,
   paul ealing <paul ealing at tcp.csiro.au> wrote:
>Dear All,  How about starting a newsgroup called transgenic plants.
>  Does anyone know how to commence?  Paul Ealing

If you are really serious, go to the following two newsgroups:
    news.announce.newgroups
    news.announce.newusers
They have very complete FAQs on how to proceed.  Basically, there is first a
call for discussion, then a call for votes.  The rules are rigid, but if the
interest is genuine, you can get the positive votes needed, and there is no
organized opposition, it should be possible.  The BIONET site may also have
specific information about organizing "bionet." groups.  I'll be watching and
would vote in favor of such a proposal.

Scott D. Russell                     Internet:  srussell at ou.edu
Dept of Botany & Microbiology      ->http://www.ou.edu/cas/botany-micro/
 & Noble Electron Microscopy Lab   ->http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/
University of Oklahoma, Norman OK    Phone:  1-405-325-6234
 73019-0245   USA                    FAX:    1-405-325-7619