INFO: Nodding Trillium

Judith Kelly jkelly at umcc.umcc.umich.edu
Wed May 1 20:54:38 EST 1996

It is my understanding that a related species, _Trillium grandiflorum_
exhibits double dormancy, taking 2 years to germinate.  I seem to
remember that it requires a warm-cold-warm-cold cycle over 2 years.
Noticing that you have a university email address, you may wish to have a
librarian do a literature search on Dialog for all species of Trillium.
Look for articles by Tom Patrick and Fred Case, both Trillium experts.
Judy Kelly
<jkelly at umcc.umich.edu>