Can a Mimosa ever be yellow?

Cpurvis cpurvis at avalon.nando.net
Fri Mar 29 19:22:31 EST 1996

My grandmother has a mimosa in her front yard.  Several years ago, "that
disease that kills mimosas" "killed" it.  She burned off the stump, and a
little while later, the tree grew back with _white_ flowers.  It has been
white ever since.  (several years.)  I would guess that if you can have a
white one, (they have a little bit of a yellow tint when older) you can
have a yellow one.  I don't know though.  Has anyone else out there seen
a white mimosa?  I was wondering if I could take root cuttings and get
lots of little white mimosas!

				--  Cpurvis