potato yields

Randall P. Niedz rniedz at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Wed Mar 20 09:14:20 EST 1996

On 20 Mar 1996, Bill Langridge wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the current yield of potatoes is in pounds,
> kilograms or tons per acre or hectare for the average white or yellow
> cooking potato from Idaho, or Maine or other major potato producing
> area in the US. I need this information to calculate the yield of
> recombinant protein possible to produce in a transgenic potato?
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Bill Langridge

Bill.

I use Agricultural Statistics 19--, published by the USDA to derive yields
and value for citrus crops.  There is a fairly extensive breakdown of
potato plantings, yields, and value in the U.S.

Randy Niedz
USDA, ARS
Orlando, Florida