Question on Growing Bananas

James Yorton jjy at xnet.com
Fri Mar 8 15:45:58 EST 1996

I'm growing a Zebrina ("Blood Banana") and was wondering if
it should be divided.

The corm has 3 very healthy plants growing from it.  The tallest
is about 18 inches high, with the other two around 12 inches high.
All three are growing rapidly, unfurling a leaf every 2 weeks or so.

Should they be divided or seperated?  Can I successfully make three
plants?  If so, where do I divide them?  And how? I don't want to kill it.

After danger of frost, they will be on the patio, where I expect
even faster growth and I'm concerned they will crowd each other.

Jim Yorton                            jjy at xnet.com
Zone 5, Illinois USA     http://www.xnet.com/~jjy/