Help! How large is the average Arabidopsis promoter?

Fern Ashton ashton at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 3 22:41:20 EST 1996

Have you any advice to give?
I'm trying to cut-out a putative promoter region from an Arabidopsis thaliana
genomic clone, I can't to decide how much upstream from the start codon I
should isolate so that I get the promoter region but not any of the next gene?
I am a graduate student and would much appreciate any comments.

THANKYOU!