Fw: Re: Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental?

Christoph Metelmann chandvel at inet.uni-c.dk
Sat Jun 8 23:04:57 EST 1996

------------------------------
From: d_micro at ix.netcom.com (Michael L Roginsky )
8 Jun 1996 22:08:51 GMT
To: "bionet.plants mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at dl.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Queen Ann's Lace as an ornamental?

In <DsIts1.2xA at cix.compulink.co.uk> rwhitehead at cix.compulink.co.uk
("Roger Whitehead") writes:

>Oops! That should, of course, be Anthriscus sylvestris. (Don't know
what
>the 'l' I'm doing some days.)
>
>Roger
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Roger Whitehead,
>14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
>Tel: +44 (0)1883 713074; Fax: +44 (0)1883 716793
>.
Roger, Roger! By the way it was imported to the US from England if I am
correct. It is a roadside plant, blooming now at N34.5 deg latitude.

Micro....alive and not a microbe!

HI,

Sorry to sound confused.  I know Queen Anne's Lace as Daucus carota (US; in
England as Wild Carrot) and Anthriscus sylvestris as Cow Parsley.

Both Umbelliferae, but different species.  --  Chris