INFO: Nodding Trillium

Greg Peterson gpeterso at gpu1.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 30 12:23:13 EST 1996

Does anyone have information on the germination requirements of Nodding
Trillium (_Trillium cernuum_). This sample I have was collected in the
fall of 1995 in northwestern Ontario, air dried and kept at room
temperature. Is there stratification requirements? How long does it
usually take for germination to occur? Or are the seeds sterile since the
plant regenerates each year from a rhizome?

Any help would be appreciated. I'll post a summary of all answers to this
request.

Greg Peterson                                       V
CW-315 Biological Sciences Building                 V  /\
University of Alberta                               v /  \
Edmonton AB  T6G 2E9                            /\  |/
                                                  \ |
Email: gpeterso at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca                \|