HELP! Gnats in houseplants/soil taking over!!!!!!

dennis goos dennis_goos at mindlink.net
Fri Apr 19 00:27:08 EST 1996

Israel Silva <bisrael at cc.fc.ul.pt> wrote:

>Please, I would like to know something about those fungus gnats you are
>talking about. Are they Diptera, or something else? Tell me something
>about their sistematics, and other interesting things. Thanks.

>					Israel
> ______________________________
>|                              |
>| Israel de Faria e Silva       |
>|   *E-mail: BIsrael at cc.fc.ul.pt |    "Noone  sees the tears when
>|       *Biology                 |     you're crying in the rain."
>|   *Faculty of Sciences         |
>| *Lisbon University, Portugal  |

I was reading the name just yesterday and have already forgotten but someone
will answer. Meanwhile,fungus gnats look a little like fruitflies in shape and
size and always ,therefore,remind me that:
"Time flies like an arrow but fruitflies like a bananna".
( Groucho Mark's well known dictum)

What I would like to know is whether any studies have shown that they spread
pathogens(like fungi)from plant root to plant root.

dennis
(Dennis & Mally) dennis_goos at mindlink.net