AlbAloo/sour cherry (was Re: Edible barberry? "Zereshk")

Brad Daniels daniels at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Tue Apr 9 15:48:18 EST 1996

In article <4kchd5$o8h at harbinger.cc.monash.edu.au>,
Tooraj Enayati <tooraj at daneel.rdt.monash.edu.au> wrote:
>daniels at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Brad Daniels) writes:
>>Thanks!  I'll see if I can find some.  Looks like my dreams of growing
>>it myself are not to be fulfilled...  Apparently, the tree requires at
>>least 500 hours of freezing temperatures each year, and we only get
>>around 1/10 of that around here.
>
>Zereshk! (Sorry I had to say Zereshk - looked so appropriate) 500 hours
>of freezing temp?  Who gave you this idea?  We get 0 hours of freezing
>temp and they grow just fine.
>
>Now who came up with that magic number?  That is 20.833333 days!
>
>misinformer nabAshid!

No...  I'm talking about AlbAloo/sour cherry.  As to where the number
came from, I was talking to someone who used to grow the things in
Wisconsin (or was in Michigan - I forget), and that's just the number
people throw around...  No idea how exact it is.

- Brad

--
Brad Daniels			|  "Let others praise ancient times.
daniels at neosoft.com		|   I am glad I was born in these."