Scientific names?

Barrie Partridge barrie at cloud.net.au
Fri Apr 5 07:27:00 EST 1996

       Greetings from Port Franklin, friendliest place in Oz!

       G,day Chris,

-=> Quoting chris at printerworks.com to All <=-

 ch> Does anybody know how I can find out what the Scientific designation
 ch> (Genus species) for the Irish plant called "Blackthorn"

       Blackthorn = Prunus spinosa

     or the
 ch> English "Whitethorn" (a.k.a. simply "Thorn")?

       Whitethorn = Thorn = Hawthorn = May   = Crataegus oxyacantha

       I do not mind at all doing lookups like this, but you would be
       a lot quicker going to your local library and having a look at
       any good botanical reference.

           Tweet tweet!  Time to go back on my perch now!
           Barrie, the Pear Tree Twit.

... I think my family Pear Tree has developed root rot!
~~~ Blue Wave/386 v2.20