plant stress and related mvt

the kat in the hat kayers at cc.brynmawr.edu
Thu Apr 4 05:56:47 EST 1996

last semester i did a short paper on plant stress-related movement-
for example, i pulled in leaf movements oriented towards the sun's movement
and also, temperature related movement and movement related to water
stress-
for example, the behavior of the rhododendron plant's leaves in winter,
when
water loss must be kept to minimum.. I was wondering, what has been studied
recently about this?  i think this is an extremely interesting topic and if
one
could relate this to physics- the interweaving of movement in the entire
plant, it would make very interesting reading..

and I was wondering if anyone has eaten the Flavr Savr and..
how did it taste?

hope you find this, too, interesting..

kat
--
"Whyever should we care.. if there are arrows in the air..?"
-Sting

"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her."

"He that plants trees loves others beside himself."
-Thomas Fuller