datura pests

John M. Brown jbrown01 at MAIL.COIN.MISSOURI.EDU
Wed May 31 10:01:03 EST 1995

Well, I also had a problem with something eating my Datura that was
planted in my front flower bed.  Day after day I found leaves and flowers
damaged by an unknown pest.  Then one morning, with a mug of tea in hand,
I was admiring my flowers.  A glance to the ground and I found signs of
the intruders.  I followed the crushed plants on the garden floor, and
there, just beneath the Datura, were two red sneakers.  Unbelievable!
The neighborhood kids were sampling my plants to make a tea from.  I
wasn't surprised when I later found my daughter Nancy, talking to
invisible friends.  Needless to say, the plant became and extinct species
around my place.