atropa

Irene irene at pondside.uchicago.edu
Mon May 22 13:02:21 EST 1995

Hello, plant people

Does anyone out there know of any extant populations of Atropa belladonna
(deadly nightshade) in the US? It is not a native, although it was
somewhat widely grown in the U.S. during WW11 due to its medicinal
importance.
 I have not been able to find any populations listed, although I suspect
there must still be some escaped populations here and there.
Please e-mail me, as I doubt many others on the net would be interested in
this question.

Thanks,

Irene

--