Equisetum sps. for Zone 10?

Andrew Jones jonesat at BBSRC.AC.UK
Thu May 18 11:42:06 EST 1995

Gary Poyssick <Courseware at interramp.com> wrote:

> Cool. What do you guys grow in Wales? Any native orchids (i.e., ladies
> slippers, spiranthes, etc) Could we chat about native plants? What is
> the climate like? God would I love to come to Wales and read shakespeare
> and drink draughts.

Dear Gary,
The climate is pretty miserable in some ways, never very hot or
very cold, but near the coast we can grow a lot of plants from
China and your part of the world as well as some half-hardies
from places like New Zealand and South America. Ladies slipper
orchid is extinct  (was only found in north England) but there
are two species of Spiranthes (spiralisand , romanzoffianum) found
very sparsely here and there. I drink lots of draught but very
read very little shakespeare(does anybody?)
cheers ,
Andrew Jones