ORCHIDS

Julia Stone m-js0217 at granny.cs.nyu.edu
Tue May 16 15:57:06 EST 1995

HELLO!  I have two orchids, one which is a VANDA and the other
which is Phaelenopsis.  I am not worried about the Vanda, but
the other one I just got about 2 months ago.  The flowers are
starting to die, which is natural.  But I was told to cut the
stem down to the base when all the flowers die!  This seems
so drastic.  Is this true?  And will it really recover in a year
its height?  Any advice on this type of orchid is welcome!

Thanks,
Julia