peach leaf curl???????

Nancy Harrison nanharrison at delphi.com
Sun May 14 08:34:00 EST 1995

Andrew, I live in the same area and I never succeeded in
getting rid of it no matter how much rain we had.  The problem
is that you have to take ALL the infected material (leaves,
mostly) and remove it completely from the area, destroying it
(burning used to be the method) so that reinfection can't
occur. The classic control is a sulfur spray of some kind, that
must be applied at a very particular time of year (see Sunset
Western Garden book).  The disease is caused by an ascomycete
fungus.  There is no "organic" cure, as far as I know...you
have to use the nasty chemicals.  Good luck - Nan