home-made hydroponics

ANNE KNOX aknox at CA0330.CASO.CA.BLM.GOV
Mon May 8 14:25:25 EST 1995

I am trying to construct my own hydroponic device using PVC pipe. The
pipe would be sealed at the ends and have 1" x 1" squares cut in the top
for rockwool cubes.  The solution would be pulled up via a small pump and
dripped on the cubes through small emitters.  The pipe would be sloped so
that the solution would trickle down to one end, where another tube would
take the solution back to the bucket.  My question is:  will this work?
Has anyone tried another method that worked out?  Any advice will be
greatly appreciated.