Australian plants in Europe

U219301 at vm1.ulg.ac.be U219301 at vm1.ulg.ac.be
Fri May 5 09:14:36 EST 1995

I am in charge of a project to install new greenhouses at Liege
University (Belgium). In the cool house, we plan to grow plants
from regions with mediterranean climate, Cape and circummediter-
ranean maquis, Californian and Australian forest.

My question is the following:

Where (public institutions or private companies) can I find (buy
or exchange) in Europe already developed plants from Australia?

Here are some examples of plants I would be interested in:

Eucalyptus marginata, E. calophylla, Kingia australis, Xhanthorrhoea
pressii, Casuarina pressii, Casuarina preseriana, Hakea prostrata,
Hakea ceratophylla, Macrozamia fraseri, Macrozamia riedlei, Banksia
spaerocarpa, Acacia alata, A. extensa, Conospermum capitatum ...

Thank you for your help.

A. HAMBUCKERS
Liege University
Observatoire du Monde des Plantes