Rubber plant

Jeff Blackadar bb241 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Tue May 2 21:38:36 EST 1995

In a previous posting, Catherine Tolbert (ez052779 at peseta.ucdavis.edu) writes:
> Hi,
> 	Does anyone know if there is a way to propagate rubber plant
> other than air layering?

As long as the trunk is about pencil thickness or less, you can cut it and
root it in a glass of water.  I have also rooted these rubber plant
cuttings in moist vermiculite - rooting hormone is optional.
A methose mentioned in a propagating book involves rooting a leaf with a
small section of trunk attached.  I have not tried this.

Jeff Blackadar   - bb241 at freenet.carleton.ca