Christmas Cactus

dennis_goos at mindlink.bc.ca dennis_goos at mindlink.bc.ca
Tue Jan 31 20:24:39 EST 1995

>From: rwallace at iastate.edu (Robert S Wallace)
>Newsgroups: bionet.plants
>Subject: Re: Christmas Cactus
>Date: 30 Jan 1995 02:32:28 GMT

>This is a recurring subject here.  Schlumbergera is a short day plant that
>needs a MAXIMUM of 6-8 hours of daylight
for several weeks prior to setting bud.

>     Cheers,
>
>     Rob Wallace
>--
As a matter of interest:
  For the past two years I have hung two extremely overgrown 10" stock plant Zygo...baskets
on the truss of an unshaded greenhouse with 6 year old fibreglass panels all summer and fall
with no apparent damage but extremely heavy flowering results. Naturally shortening days in a
heated -60F nights-ghse results in flowering end of November near Vancouver,BC.

Dennis