Tulip Help!

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Tue Jan 31 21:06:45 EST 1995

>I live in an area where it is normally pretty cold until March, except
>this year we are having a warm snap and my tulips are already starting to
>come up.  I am assuming that the end of January is way too early for them,
>and I am 100% certain that another long period of cold is coming in a few
>days.  My question is:  Should I cover them?  Feed them something special?
>Should I do anything at all?  Any help would be appreciated.

  Yes Jason,
  If you care for your garden, you should spend some drops of sweat and cover
them up !  On the other hand, it depends a bit on how far they are now. If
they are just peeping out the earth, the problem is minor. Perhaps in a next
cold period they could loose these first leaves, but they'll make new ones in
(real) spring.  But it's no joy for them, and if you love plants, take care of
them ! :-)
  Bye, marco