blackberries

Biomancer barosb at alleg.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:18:41 EST 1995

KernsFunk writes
Can anyone recommend a solution to getting rid of the blackberries that
are taking over my yard. I've tried digging up the roots, but they
always seem to come back. I'm looking for a chemical free solution!!
Thanks.

Get rid of them?  If you pick them in July when they're ripe you can
sell them for $2.50 a PINT!  And they make great pies and snacks
and.....

Seriously, though, the only way I know of to get rid of blackberries
(they're all over my yard but I like it that way) is a brush-hog type
mower, followed by cutting everything close to the ground (like cutting
grass) every week for about 3 months.  That's how we cleared what yard
we have that is clear.

--
--BIOMANCER--
"O mighty warrior of great fighting stock,