Chara, how to grow it???

RoundUp Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se
Mon Jan 23 03:53:59 EST 1995

I am trying to grow the sweetwater algea Chara globularis and have some
problems with it.
I grow it in a tank with 16 h light in tap water supplemented with 36
mg/litre sodium carbonate, 23 mg/litre calcium chloride and 50 mg/litre
magnesium sulphate. It seems like the algea is not growing very good so
if someone has experience with this please e-mail me or post here.

Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se, Plant biochemistry, Lund University

"I was afraid of a united Church;it makes a mighty power,
 the mightiest conceivable, and then when it by-and-by
 gets into selfish hands, as it is always bound to do,
 it means death to human liberty,and paralysis to human thought"
                 Mark Twain