ACORNS WANTED

jbeckert at sallie.wellesley.edu jbeckert at sallie.wellesley.edu
Sat Jan 21 12:29:15 EST 1995

I'm looking for viable acorns from oaks from around the U.S. -- either
hardy types that I can plant outdoors or warm-area types I can grow in
the greenhouse. I know it's not acorn season just now, but hope you
will keep my in mind when it does arrive?  I would be glad to reimburse
postage; don't need huge quantities, just a handful for my own use.
Don't need Q. rubra, Q. alba, Q. velutina, Q. stellata, Q. ilicifolia,
        Q. prinoides, Q. robur, Q. coccinea, Q. bicolor, Q. palustris.
Also interested in species of Aesculus (but not A. hippocastanum).

Thanks in advance....    Jan Beckert (Quercophile)
                         11 Buttercup Lane
                         Dover MA  02030

                        JBECKERT at LUCY>WELLESLEY>
                        oops that's JBECKERT at LUCY.WELLESLEY.EDU