Human/Plant Relationships

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 07:39:27 EST 1995

Carol M Lively (clively at net.onramp) wrote:
: Hope I'm not posting to the wrong group.  If this is a "serious, really
: and truly scientific kind of group, just tell me, and I will resume my
: lurking.

Hello, Carol.

It's not the wrong group if you have a genuine interest in the scientific
explanation of unusual phenomena.

: [...]
: Perhaps I'm a "lunatic on the fringe", but I really liked those books,
: and have always wanted to discuss them with someone, but have never met
: anyone else who has read them.

: Sincerly, with no desire to offend,

: Carol Lively

The difficulty I find with the type of book you mention is that they
often employ pseudo-science and 'faction' (fiction presented as fact)
in oder to create an interesting story.

A _real_ scientist should have an open mind about unusual observations,
but would equally insist on an objective test of any new hypothesis.

After all, the concept of harvesting sunbeams and putting them in a
bottle appeared as science fiction in the last century!

Now, what is it that is stored in a bottle of sugar ... ??

	Tony.
Aberdeen, AB2 9SB. UK.                |    fax: +44 (0)224 716687