headlights and photoperiodism

Katrin Gunzenhauser mcekovic at iiic.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 18 12:25:16 EST 1995

For a lecture about influence of light in traffic on development of
plants, I would like to mention artificial light of civilization.
For this I need some information about influence of headlights on
photoperiodism of plants during the night that grow near busy roads.

Can headlights in winter have the same effect on longday plants as
the shorter nights in spring?

I would be very greatful if you would send me references to articles
or books about this subject.

Katrin Gunzenhauser