??? about Roses

MoshMan moshman at primenet.com
Sat Jan 14 18:48:00 EST 1995

I recently moved to Phoenix, AZ, and I've got some beautiful roses grwoing in
front of my house that I have no idea how to care for.   I seem to have two
kinds planted, judging by the tags attached to them.  The first is a yellow
variety of "Everblooming Hybrid Tea Rose" with a number JAChy - P.P No. 6445.
The second is of a deep red color, and it too says "Everblooming Hybrid Tea
Rose".  The number on the red one is Jacared - P.P. No. 4139.

Is there a FAQ about roses?

Do these plants require fertilization? How much, and how often?

Should I keep these roses pruned?

They grow very rapidly...should I attach them to a trellis?

Climate here in Phoenix is very temperate.  Averages about 60-70 during the
winter, so flowers would appear to grow year round.  Any special requirements?

I am a complete novice to plant care.  Any help is appreciated!   Thanks