Spider plant propagation

Sean Ebert ug940078 at omega.scs.carleton.ca
Mon Jan 16 15:34:48 EST 1995

Julia A. Keith (Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU) wrote:

: 3 of my houseplant books say this has everything to do with it.  In my own
: experience, they don't flower till they get pot bound.

How long does it take for the plant to get "pot bound".  The problem is,
about a month ago, I re-potted the plants into bigger pots, thinking they
were crowded in the little 4 inch pots (I saw roots trying to poke
through the drainage holes at the bottom).

Did I do the wrong thing?!  Now that the roots have room to grow again
(I moved the plants to 8 inch pots), will it delay the babies' arrival?!!