insects

Peter W Burkhardt pburk at svpal.svpal.org
Thu Jan 12 23:49:59 EST 1995

YTF (ytf at aol.com) wrote:
: I think those are meally bugs.  I seem to find no end to them, though I am
: a low chemical houseplant grower.  I pick them off with a cuetip dipped in
: alcohol.  They may not take to your ficus, but I'll bet they'll find some
: of your other plants tastey.  They seem to like succulents.  If anyone has
: a clean approach that is a bit less labor intensive than the search and
: destroy method, I would like to hear it also.

: Tim Farrell
: New York

Try enclosing the plant with a No-Pest strip in a plastic bag overnight.
Tie the top of the plastic bag closed. Good luck !