China Doll

ken harris harris at corona.chem.yale.edu
Thu Jan 12 18:51:55 EST 1995

I have a question for any houseplant experts out there: Have you
heard of the China Doll?  I have one, but I don't know what the
scientific name is, or if it goes by any other common names.
It is very nice, with many finely cut compound leaves, and it
has woody stems.  It does very well outside in the summer, but
when I bring it in in the winter it tends to dry up often and the
leaves get pale.  How should I care for it?  Should it be repotted?
Should I fertilize it?

Thanks!

:w