Propogating Bay trees?

dennis goos dennis_goos at mindlink.bc.ca
Mon Jan 9 23:01:27 EST 1995

Chris_Jones at nottingham.ac.uk (Chris Jones) wrote:

> Hello Netters,
>                           Does anyone know how Bay trees (i.e. the herb) are
> propogated? I have tried normal cuttings but without success.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris Jones

Try again ,Chris ! Cuttings will root.I Took approx 100 cutting of
Laurus nobilis in early Nov/93,pencil thick,4-5"long,slant cut,no
wound,no hormone,no chem.drench,stuck in Oasis foam,under mist,65-68F
on bench,70F ambient, 50% or more well rooted in February/94. Lost
some due to dryness which doesn't work with foam. Using sand, or peat
/lite mix, dryness would be essential to control disease.
Dennis