looking for Potentilla sp. and Fragaria sp. seeds

Ugur Bal abrbal at reading.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 12:35:05 EST 1995

Hello Everyone,
I wish you a very happy new year.

For my experiments, I need tetraploid Potentilla fruticosa (2n=4x=28)
seeds especially, but also seeds of other Potentilla sp. and Fragaria sp.
which are:

Potentilla nepalensis (2n=?),
Potentilla reptans (2n=4x=28),
Potentilla anserina (2n=4x=28),
Potentilla rupestris (2n=?),
Potentilla glandulosa (2n=?)

Fragaria chiloensis(2n=8x=56)
Fragaria americana alba
Fragaria rosea (Name ?; pink petalled diploid Fragaria)

Duchesnea indica (2n=?)

I think most of these as seeds or plants are not commercially avilable,
and are found only in private or University collections so I will be
grateful if you could help me find them especially the tetraploid
P.fruticosa and the pink petalled diploid Fragaria sp.

Ugur Bal
PO Box 221, Whitekinghts,
Department of Agricultural Botany
School of Plant Sciences