Help: Australian wetlands plant density measurement

waters at manly.civeng.unsw.edu.au waters at manly.civeng.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 9 01:04:47 EST 1995

Hi,

I'm looking for "standard" techniques (if there are any) for measuring the
density of aquatic macrophyte plants in Australian wetlands.  I've seen
papers where "biomass", "plant density", "stem density" and other factors
have been measured, but none of them have given the techniques used, nor
stated where their techniques were obtained.

If anyone has any details of such techniques, I'd be most grateful to
hear from them.

Regards

Michael Waters

waters at manly.civeng.unsw.edu.au