Care & Feeding of the Avocado

Rob Hahn robin at community.net
Tue Jan 3 02:13:54 EST 1995

avocado
leaves
nutrition

Hi, looks like I might have stumbled on the right group of people to ask
this question. Like many neophyte horticulturists, I started an avocado
from seed, which initially provided a zucchini-like ego boost in the way
it shot up. Now, however, it seems to be faring poorly. It sits in indirect
light, indoors (Oakland, CA can still be coolish, nights), moderately
watered, mostly left alone. The leaves are turning brown around the
edges, however, altho new leaves can be seen. Short of IV infusions, is
there something I can do to help it thive?
Thanks awfully for reading this post.

PS... If I am in the wrong church, can someone direct me to the right
place to ask this question?

TIA -- Dorothy (on her ex's Internet link)