Tomato Plants and Auto Emissions

PATH4 at TIFTON.CPES.PEACHNET.EDU PATH4 at TIFTON.CPES.PEACHNET.EDU
Tue Jan 3 11:25:27 EST 1995

In article <3ea2nm$qga at ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>
HSKaplan at ix.netcom.com (Howard Kaplan) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can find any information concerning the effects
>of automobile emmissions on tomato plants?  I need this information for
>a science research fair project.
>Thanks

There is a section entitled "abiotic" diseases,which includes air pollutants
such as sulfur dioxide and PAN which are common by-products of auto exhaust,
in the Tomato Disease Compendium published by APS press (American Phytopatho-
logical Society, St. Paul, MN)

Dr. R. D. Gitaitis
Dept. of Plant Pathology
Univ. of Georgia