Botanic excursion in Slovakia

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Tue Feb 21 00:22:59 EST 1995

>Last year the DAPHNE foundation organized a successful
>botanical excursion "Plants of Slovakia". For the year
>1995 we prepare two excursions and we would like to
>invite you to join us.

>The first one will be held in June 9, 10 and 11
[...]
>The second excursion will be aimed at mountain flora
>in mountains of Velka Fatra, Slovensky Raj and Polana.
>It will last five days, from July 11 to July 15.
[...]

  Folks, just an enthousiastic bit of support on my part, for this great
initiative.  I spent a summer holiday in this magnificent little country, and
was overwhelmed by its beauty. And most of all the flowers. This is truly a
'flower country'. At least in Holland and I think most places in Western
Europe we are not used to such a floristic abundance. Allready on the camping,
you can't put up your tent, without being afraid to crush some Orchid or other
rare plant :-)
  Especially Slovensky Raj ("Paradise" - truely): you walk in amazement from
one Orchid to the next Soldanella... Campanula carpatica ?: whole blue
mountains...

  Take this chance !

  Bye, Marco