Ephedra viridis

Christine Owens cowens at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 21 11:22:51 EST 1995

Ephedra are a genus of evergreen shrubs, with separate male
and female plants.  (If you plant both, they will produce small,
red fruits.)  They are low-growing, fully hardy, and spread.  E.
viridis has particularly vibrant green color, hence the name.

Unfortunately, my reference doesn't say where the genus, or
the E. viridis species is native.