Germination

Jennifer Wright ez023517 at peseta.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 10 13:52:06 EST 1995

On 8 Feb 1995, Robert McGehee wrote:

> 	I am trying to germinate a tomato seeds between two moist
> sheets of paper towels.  I keep it wet but my seeds to not seem
> to be germinating at all.  It has been 5 days and I haven't seen
> any progress.  Does it naturally take this long or is something
> wrong?
>
> Robert
> rmcgehee at freud.inst.com

Did you collect these seeds or did you get them from a nursery?  If you
collected them did you "cure" them?  By that I mean let them sit in their
tomato juices and some water a couple of days until they are kind of
gross and then clean and dry them?  Are you keeping the seeds warm?
Tomatoes are warm temperature requiring seeds.  Otherwise, wait a few
more days, a watched pot never boils you know.  heh heh.