agrobacterium

SEWALT,VINCENT vsewalt at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu Feb 9 11:07:00 EST 1995

I have missed any answers on the recent question with regard to
agrobacterium mediated plant transformation. The question was:

Does agrobacterium induce gall formation in the infected plant ?

I would like to know because I am interested in transformation of alfalfa
to suppress lignification (by anti-sense expression of O-methyl transferases).

If, however, agrobacterium infection leads to gall formation, this may lead to
increased deposition of phenolics, at least in and around the gall.
Any insights ?