How to terminate poplars in a treefriendly way ???

Marco_Bleeker mbleeker at euronet.nl
Wed Feb 8 02:13:03 EST 1995

In article <rms.3.0016F2D5 at euronet.nl> rms at euronet.nl (Frank_Rademaker) writes:

>Can anyone tell me how I environmentally correct kill poplar trees.

  Hi Frank,
  Better a good Poplar population (Popluation) than no trees !  They are quite
usefull, why do you want to get rid of them ?  And where, and how many ?
  Can't you just ask some company to come and get them - for the wood ?

  Instead of chain-sawing them down, there are also contraptions to pull them
over. They  are not very deep rooted; it's easy.  I know some people who have
done this in a small nature reserve, in order to give the more natural trees a
chance. The pulled-down trees create open space - room for the the other
trees, and also a natural substratum for all kinds of organisms that are part
of the decomposing process.  Plus a refuge for animals.

  Bye, Marco