***--Sansevierias!--***

Brent Dickerson odinthor at csulb.edu
Tue Feb 7 14:43:58 EST 1995

There was recently an enquiry about books on Sansevierias.

The most recent one that I know of is:  The Sansevieria Book, by Hermine
Stover.  This is available from:  Endangered Species, P.O. Box 1830,
Tustin, California 92680, U.S.A.  It is quite a good book about this very
wonderful group of plants.

I understand that a tradition has developed of giving a gardener a
Sansevieria on his 40th birthday as a gesture of good will and
demonstration of a wish for long life . . .

There is really nothing to compare to the sight of one of the variegated
Sansevierias back-lit in a window, veritably glowing!  Sansevierias are
truly elite and worthwhile plants.

Best Wishes,

--BCD