>From: jheinis at mailer.fsu.edu (Julius L Heinis)
>Subject: Re: Chlorine bleach and plants
>Date: 6 Feb 1995 11:09:12 -0500
>Organization: Florida State University
>>telem at delphi.com wrote:
>>: For whatever reason, a fairly strong chlorine bleach solution
>: poured into the pot or around the base of the plant, if it's in
>: the ground, will revive the plant in most instances. What's
>: happening - is some sort of plant virus being killed by
>: the bleach or are nematodes being discouraged or is
>: chlorine bleach an elixir to some or most plants?
>>My guess is that you are dealing with the soil fungus Phytophthora.
>Check it out! JULIUS
> WAIT A MINUTE! Wait a minute here! Bleach is toxic. Chlorine is toxic.What is happening
here? Plant SHOULD die with pathogen,hein?
Why do the hibiscus survive is the important question, isn't it?
Why do they live and thrive after being hit with bleach? By the way,what happens if bleach is
put in the soil of healthy plants?