Request for materials: Bryoideae, Musci

C. J. Cox sbrcoxcy at reading.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 13:31:17 EST 1995

Dear all,

	I am studying the phylogenetic relationships of the Bryoideae and
related genera using molecular techniques. I would be grateful if anyone
could supply living material of the following species, or suggest someone
who may have these in cultivation:

Acidodontium
     any species

Anomobryopsis
     any species

Anomobryum
     leptostomoides Schimp. (A. sericeum Husnot)
     pellucidum Dix. et Badhw. (Bryum himalayanopellucidum Ochi)
     polymorphum Dix. (Bryum induopolymorphum Ochi)
     sharpii Shaw
     werthii Broth.
     yasudae Broth.

Brachymenium
     any species

Bryum
     anomodon Mont.
     cellulare Hook.
     coronatum Schwager.
     crassum Hook. f.& Wils.
     densifolium Brid.
     dictomum Hedw.
     incrassolimbatum Card.
     kashminese Broth.
     papuanum Dix.
     pseudomarginatum Geh. & Hampe.
     perconcavifolium Ochi
     recurvulum Mitt.
     sclerodictyon Dix.

Plagiobryum
     any species

Rhodobryum
     russulum (Broth. et Geh.) Par.

Roellia
     roellii (Broth. ex Roll) Andrews ex Crum

	With thanks, Cymon

Cymon J. Cox                                          sbrcoxcy at reading.ac.uk
The University, Reading,                                (0734) 875123 ex4090
Berkshire, England, RG6 2AS                                usual disclaimers