DO PLANTS "FEEL" PAIN??????????

Scott A. Jackson sajackso at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
Fri Dec 29 10:15:36 EST 1995

>In <4bsb7k$8h at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> d_micro at ix.netcom.com(Michael L
>Roginsky ) writes:
>>
>>In <4broqc$hg7 at thorn.cc.usm.edu> rbateman at ocean.st.usm.edu (Robert
>>Bateman) writes:
>>>
>>>Martin N. Ross (Martin_N._Ross at fuhsd.k12.ca.us) wrote:
>>>: yes plants not only feel pain but are able to read your intention
>>kill or
>>>: hurt them.  Experiments were conducted over 12 years ago
>>demonstrating this.
>>>: If you insist on eating veggys for your sole food intake be sure to
>>check on
>>>: your need of Vit b-12.  You'll be short.  Have a great holiday.
>>Marty
>>>
>>>: mross at fuhsd.k12.

>>survive, and as such, we must inflict pain. However, be merciful as
>you
>>take life. Indians revered the very creatures killed for their needs.

This is an interesting statement as American Indians (I'm part Indian) used
to run herds of buffalo off of cliffs in an effort to get meat from a
couple of corpses.  This does not seem to me to show reverence for the
animals as they killed literally thousands of animals to harvest the meat
from a couple.