Info on poisonous plants in Pacific NW

BoomanJim boomanjim at aol.com
Sat Dec 16 01:20:45 EST 1995

Aside from the many poisonous plant books already out there, and a chat
with your local Poison Controll center, have you considered visiting with
the native American healers? I have run into one or two who's mother or
great aunt used to do this, so they spent their childhood rumaging through
the woods looking for this or that herb.  The comment I also heard was,
"No one wants to learn this anymore."  People are spending thousands to
track the oral medical heritage of the native people of the Amazon.  Why
not start in our own backyard?

Jim Booman, Booman Floral, Vista, California