Ficus (spell?) Tree

TommyD lipton at getnet.com
Thu Dec 7 12:40:57 EST 1995

I don't know if this is the proper newsgroup to post this, but I was
wondering if someone here might give me some advice about my ailing
ficus tree.  I bought if a department store.  It actually 4 trees in
one i.e., there twisted into one.  Problem is that it (they) keep on
droppiing leaves.  Any of the new leaves that were coming in are now
browing on the tips and it doesn't appear that they're gonna open up.
I've heard that these trees require  lots of light.  I have it in my
office where there are windows, and as with most offices it is
illuminated by flourescent lights.  In addition I've bought a "grow
light" for the tree, but no luck.  I'm also unsure about the amount of
water the tree requires so any suggestions would be helpful.