Venus Fly Trap

Nick Hawke nhawke at dircon.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 10:46:53 EST 1995

I have a small Venus Fly Trap which seems to doing well at the moment but since
there are no flies around now (Winter in England) I am concerned that it will
not be fed properly. It cannot be given nutrients through the soil. What can I
feed it instead ? I understand that ordinary meat contains too much salt and
it would be difficult tricking the plant into believing that it has caught
something.