black flowers

Arthur Schwarz schwarza at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 28 12:49:55 EST 1995

Tulips must come in every colour of the rainbow, including some that are
not in the rainbow, thanks to plant breeders.  I recall seeing "black"
tulips on the grounds of Expo 86 in Vancouver, British Columbia.  In the
intense sunlight, one could tell that it was actually a very dark purple.
I may have even taken a photograph.  Sorry, I would not have a clue how to
put it over the net.

Art Schwarz
Canadian Circumpolar Institute
University of Alberta